Saturday, April 24, 2010

Today

Today, I went to the little, round chapel as I have done many times before... familiar place that almost feels like a womb until I open my eyes and see my surroundings flooded with faces. Here, words hit stones that hit one copper plan that sounded a harsh, strident screech. There, here, in the cave of my thoughts, I craved understanding, to know why I have so often been an audience member to a particular form of violence.

Today, she asked her: Why do I always go into fixing mode when a person displays anger?"
She said to her, who had just been she: "Just notice it; just notice it. And stop the reaction."

Therein the litany of stones creates new meaning. Therein, words that used to were can only was. There, here, I crouch around for it, I believe in it. And she doesn't have to do it alone.

1 comment: